Pages

Pretensions of objectivity must be left at the door, clothing is optional...

My Poems - My Music - My Paintings - My Serialized Novels

The Wholy Order of The MEEK
An Atheist Pagan Hymn
My first book of Atheist Spirituality
What Canada REALLY NEEDS !!
SG Atlantis and their Unethical BS
Ring of Corruption

"All that is valuable in human society depends upon the opportunity for development accorded the individual."-A. Einstein

"Ain't it funny how the factory doors close, around the time that the school doors close,
around the time that a hundred thousand jail cells open up to greet you, like a Reaper...." -Zack de la Rocha

They say "Sing while you slave!", but I just get bored... -Dylan

"It's NOT a 'War on Drugs'. It's a war on Personal Freedom.Keep that in mind at ALL times" - Bill Hicks

"Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one" - Anon

"I'd get pretty bunged up without my asshole" - C. Taylor

"If you're going to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you" - O. Wilde

"It is likely to excite dissatisfaction against government and incite people to non co-operation..."

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Shadow game design system - based on Idtech 4 - free!

Want to make a video game?
|As I have expounded in previous articles
the Doom 3 engine is GPL
and the Dhewm port which is SDL/ogl based is working good

here is a base stripped down package with everything you need to start, except maybe blender 3d and gimp
https://www.blender.org/

https://www.gimp.org/

there is a shortcut to the built in editor, but I've added Radiant editor, some other tools, some docs, and the src code.

Its basically the doom 3 game stripped from 4.5 G to 200 Megs.

I am in the process of stripping it more, but it's useable

I am sure if you are intelligent enough to use it you know that the mainmenu is still a licensed thing you have to change, but everything you need is there.

it has the pistol, the imp, a vehicle, and a simple box map.

fill yer boots, I'll update it.
The newest version1d has the vehicle source, a good example in the mainmenu of normal mapping, some tools and docs. It has only a pistol, jeep, and one monster, the imp
Just unzip it to your  drive and it will run.

Shadow Game Design System v1d


I'm still in the process of tweeking the Dhewm open source executeable sets.
I will add the linux, windows, and osx Dhewm binaries and update it
right now dhewm wants some dds textures that I stripped.

It works, but the completely open source version is a month or so away.


old version link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_d1PSVLuh-laW54WTNnTXBpVkE

No comments: