Pages

Pretensions of objectivity must be left at the door, clothing is optional...

My Poems - My Music - My Paintings - My Serialized Novels

The Wholy Order of The MEEK
An Atheist Pagan Hymn
My first book of Atheist Spirituality
What Canada REALLY NEEDS !!
SG Atlantis and their Unethical BS
Ring of Corruption

"All that is valuable in human society depends upon the opportunity for development accorded the individual."-A. Einstein

"Ain't it funny how the factory doors close, around the time that the school doors close,
around the time that a hundred thousand jail cells open up to greet you, like a Reaper...." -Zack de la Rocha

They say "Sing while you slave!", but I just get bored... -Dylan

"It's NOT a 'War on Drugs'. It's a war on Personal Freedom.Keep that in mind at ALL times" - Bill Hicks

"Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one" - Anon

"I'd get pretty bunged up without my asshole" - C. Taylor

"If you're going to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you" - O. Wilde

"It is likely to excite dissatisfaction against government and incite people to non co-operation..."

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Is Google safe for bloggers anymore?

Recently, Google bought up Blogger.

It's been nice, I can use gmail, blogger, google documents
all without numerous logins and stuff

But remember that big scuffle?
Where Google was complying with the Chinese government to make sure dissidents and material frowned upon by the chinese gov't would never be found in Chinese searches?

With the new Patriot Act how are we to trust Google?
Does my blog appear on searches outside of my home city?

We read about so many countries that block activist pages, we believe we have freedom and freedom of speech,

But what if it is all bullshit?
What if "democratic" countries are surreptitiously blocking activist/dissident opinions?
Keeping them in little sandboxes, where they appear to be heard, to those nearby
but in actuality, its almost impossible for someone to find their writings

Think about it.
When someone gets a particular Label attached to them by one gov't
perhaps everything is automatically squirreled away
I wonder about it often.

As the man said:
"Freedom of speech? That's the motherfucking bullshit...
You say the wrong thing, they lock your ass up quick..."
- Ice T

No comments: